Friday, January 16, 2009

2nd Day of Therapy

Hello everyone,

Quincey had another awesome day. Her 2nd day of therapy went well. She is tired again tonight but, again, its a good tired.

She was up today for 6 hours. She also got to go outside for an hour today. She was able to go over and see the apartment where her parents are staying. My understanding is that she really enjoyed being outside. Who wouldn't...we live in COLORADO!

The movement in her arms appears to be getting stronger (WAHOO!) again...baby steps baby steps. Every step is a step forward - Praise God!

The immediate family really enjoyed being together this evening. They read aloud from a book that is very meaningful to them (I will ask again what the title is....I forgot....sorry!) I am going to put a personal note here.....this family amazes me! The faith that they have is contagious! It makes me want to be a better and stronger person! okay....enough about how I'm feelin...this blog is about Quincey!

They love and appreciate everyone and miss you all.

I will update again tomorrow.

God is good....here's wishing God's blessings for each of you.

"Although he [Jesus] died on the cross in weakness, he now lives by the mighty power of God. We, too, are weak but we live in him and have God's power..." 2Corinthians 13:4


Shari

4 comments:

  1. hey Quints.....we won last night both boys and girls.... i can't remember the score though sorry! But the girls got off on a ruff start buth then came together in the end! So Nichole and i almost died on the way to KFC twice....pretty intense and then we got Tilly to beleive that there is such a thing as mad chicken disease, kinda like mad cow...it was so funny...the pom girls put on a show tonight it was alright but they were dressed cool, they did the dance to i'm a barbie girl oh yeah! Well girly i love you and miss you so much, i think about you everyday...keep getting stronger and keep your thoughts positive :] I love you with me hole heart! Have a good day tomorrow!
    -Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. so yeah we won lol as katelyn said. it wqas awesonme we all got to wear our arm bands wit your number on em. it was so cool. every time i made a basket i looked at it lol we play again today against Battle Mountain they are scrappy but i hope well win lol. well i better go get rerady to go lol im so glad your gettin batter and stronger!
    love a n miss ya!
    -Shorty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quincey-

    Rejoice that God is in total control!!! Know that you know that you know that God is in contol of every moment of each day.
    "Then shall your light break forth like the morning, and your healing (your restoration and the power of a new life) shall spring forth speedily; your righteousness (your rightness, your justice, and your right relationship with God) shall go before you [conducting you to peace and prosperity], and the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard." (Isaiah 58:8 -Joyce Meyer Amplified)
    "By faith in the name of Jesus, make me strong. Help me realize that it is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through Him that heals me. (Acts 3:16)
    Quincey, you are a very determined and driven young woman...remember that God wants you to let Him do the driving.

    In love,
    Your Friends in Christ,
    Jim, Heidi, Haley, Hayden and Hunter Powers

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAAHHHHHHHHH! that you're home! At least in the same state! That's just awesome sunshine. Nothing like our air huh?

    I remember something my coach told me. "Basketball doesn't build character...it reveals it." I can't help but think that your accident is doing the same thing. You've always been strong, faithful, determined and amazing. This is your opportunity to show all of those traits, to the world, again.

    When I was trying to find an author for that quote, I found two more sayings. The first (I think) hit the nail on the head for you.

    "Basketball is like photography, if you don't focus, all you have is the negative.-- Dan Frisby"

    I know you've got the focus Quincey!

    Then this one made me laugh...

    "Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious. -- Charles Shackleford"

    Alrighty then Mr. Shackleford...do you ribbet instead of dribble? :)

    Much love & many prayers for all of you, always. Lisa

    ReplyDelete