Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Home at Last!

Good evening! I received an email from Quincey and Michele last night. Haven't felt real good so I hadn't gotten on the computer until this evening!

Here's the email....

"As so many of you have heard, seen, or read on the blog....we are indeed home. Praise God! We came to Colorado from Miami in a snowstorm and from Denver to Rifle in a blizzard. I would have to say that the weather has painted an accurate picture of what life as been like for the past four months. Unpredictable, cold and dark at times, slippery and unsure with poor visability. How wonderful to serve a God that is bigger than all of that. 'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, and certain for the things we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1

Being back home is both wonderful and challenging. I have to tell you the first stop Quincey made was to see her 4-H pig Peggy Sue. She was so excited to finally meet her. Then on home to see her faithful ole dog Howdy...he is so happy to have Quincey back home. We also had the opportunity on Saturday to the Fellowship of Christian Cowboys barn dance and auction. Quinc was able to see many friends, teammates, and family. Sunday was a day of much needed rest (and great snacks)! Monday she jumped right back into working toward her goals. No rest for the determined. When I have some time to get my thoughts gathered I am going to share the miracles, graces, and mercies and God's favor we have seen and experienced.

We are grateful to have so many who have loved, supported, prayed and cared for us. God bless each of you.

Q and M"

What more could I possibly say. Other than .....GLAD YOU ARE HOME Q & M!!!!!!!!

Until next email comes -

God's blessings and love to you all,

Shari

4 comments:

  1. Hi Quincy,
    We are so glad that your home. We live in a bubble, so we didn't know about the barn dance, till it was over. Otherwise we would have been there to say hi. Saw Jim yesterday and he told us about the dance.

    We will get in touch with you guys and maybe we can get together when you're all settled in again. Maybe we can all go out to eat somewhere. Michelle do you eat anymore?? Or have you given that up completely?? You can watch while we eat if you like. I know that Shane and the girls still eat. Hey Quincey are you sure Howdy is happy that you're home?? Are you sure he even knows it's you??
    Did you make eye contact, was anybody home behind those blurred
    cataract covered, lifeless eyes?? I doubt that that he did but you
    think whatever you want. Hope to see you guys soon
    Ken and Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God to hear that you are home! I have always felt (and still do) that the western slope of Colorado is God's country here on earth. I may be just a tiny little bit envious that I am stuck in Michigan, Quincey, where your Great Great Grandparents came to Colorado from. :0)
    I am asking Him to continue His blessings upon Quincey and all the SNYDER family. Quincey, asking Him specifically to bless and sustain you as you continue your courageous restoration. You continue to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Quincey,
    It was great to see you yesterday, You look marvelous. Next time your doing your therapy, can I work out with you?? I need to tone-up in a major way, and I'v got a lot of walks planned for the summer. Maybe you and your drill instructor, (Michelle) could whip me into shape. You and your mom and dad all seem to be be in really good shape. And I hate to say this, ( it's like trying to spit out a saltine cracker ) , but Howdy was a new dog. He was alert, and coherent and I'd have say even "frisky" when I saw him yesterday. You and Michelle have a magical touch for that hound. It was almost a miracle what a transformation he went through. So pencil me in for some "therapy"
    You know I have a speedo that I could wear, just a thought.
    By the way he peed on my tire, I hope your insured.
    Michelle, you made a comment yesterday about us having a Hate-Hate relationship. I am totally filled with chagrin. I have given you a hard time for a few months, but Hate is not a good definition of our relationship. As a matter of fact, total respect and admiration is more like it. I almost never pay anyone a compliment, but, you and Quincey should receive the" The toughest, Most dedicated, Hard as nails, In your face, Back off satan or I'll...... No pain No gain, I will sacrifice till it Hurts, Mother/Daughter of the year award!!!!!

    No man could endure what you two have gone thru the last 4 months (except Shane) No... hate is not the word, Total respect for you two is way closer. OK so now you have broken me, I hope your happy. I wanted everyone to think I was without feelings, now you've ruined that. I suppose your laughing on the inside. From now on I'll probably start blogging about beautiful flowers, and puppies and sunsets, AAARG!!! I hope your happy.

    Quinc, you can count on Karen and I to continue to pray for more of that Total restoration to be evident everyday. I know that God has a great plan for your life. He has good planned for you and not bad, he has success and not failure, He loves us all and keeps us all. So keep your chin up.

    Lets do lunch, (Shane said he's buying), yes Michelle, I heard you say that you DO eat.......
    Love you guys
    Ken & karen

    P.S. I think I like you too Howdy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminding you that I continue to pray for your full restoration. I know you are working hard. I pray for you to have many blessings as the process continues. You are a personal inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete