Monday, October 19, 2009

Improvements each and every day!!

Good evening! Wow, I can't believe it has already been 4 months since the last time I updated the blog. I received an email from the Snyder family today...so without further ado.....

"Many great things have happened since the last post four months ago. Quincey continues to improve each and everyday. Most importantly her eyes are focused on Jesus and the promises of the Word of God. We know his promises are yes and so be it. 'Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.' Hebrews 10:23

Summer proved to be very busy for Quincey. She consistently had work outs or some type of therapy five days a week, as well as, making up an entire semester of school. Her first outing with friends was a Casting Crowns concert in July right here in Rifle. August brought the Garfield County Fair. I mentioned her 4H pig Peggy Sue in the last blog. Peggy Sue made it to fair and won reserve grand champion in her market weight class. Quincey was able to sell her at the auction and apply the profits towards her college fund. She has been praying about the right college and the direction God wants to lead her.

She has been practicing her driving not only in an automatic but a standard as well. She is doing very well and gaining more and more confidence in her ability. She consistently uses a walker to get around our house. She is able to stand while brushing her teeth. She can go up and down stairs with support. She can side step around the kitchen counters with no assistance. She is able to help with dishes, cooking, and setting the table. Her strength and stamina in all that she does increases everyday. The right side is beginning to make strides in catching the left side. Her hands, fingers and wrists are responding better all the time.

In August Quincey returned to school for her senior year. She is doing well with enormous support from our family, church family, friends, administration, staff and community She continues her five day a week workouts and has added horseback riding to her schedule. Her hard work is paying off. Two weeks ago she was able to walk on the treadmill for three minutes and the stair stepper for two minutes with Tara and I at her side for safety only. Last Wednesday she walked on the treadmill for 12 minutes. God is GOOD!

On Saturday she will be going hunting with her dad and Uncle Trent. She is so excited. She sighted in her rifle last Sunday and I must say...WATCH OUT ELK! She is still dead on even with a few temporary challenges. She expects to bring home her first bull elk....we will keep you posted on the outcome.

God is doing a great work in Quincey. We know that as she stays the course, remains courageous, stays in the word and remembers that 'What is impossible with man is possible with God.' Luke 18:27 she will finish this race. She is the victor not a victim. She is an overcomer and a conqueror. She is healed, blessed, favored, set free, made whole, delivered, restored and prospered. She is the head not the tail, above and not below.

Very soon you will be able to view a documentary that Lyndsey, Quincey's older sister has been working on. I have seen the beginning of her work and it is wonderful. Sometimes we are so focused on where we are going we forget where we have been and therefore forget about the blessings, graces and mercies along the way. We are also including in this blog, Quincey's Play List. These are some songs that minister to us everyday. We believe they will minister to you as well.

'but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.' Isaiah 40:31

With faithful expectation,

Quincey and Family



www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8UpaifPbqI Sidewalk Prophets-The Words I Would Say

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHnIJWUGQ-4 Third Day-Born Again

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVM85dl-61E Kutless-What Faith Can Do

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NN9hX61vhg Phillips, Craig and Dean-Revelation Song

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE5bza6rIrs Among the Thirsty-I'd Need a Savior

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICxIWulmsDo Casting Crowns-Until the Whole World Hears

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEMJBhCtU8 Natalie Grant-I Will Not Be Moved

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNRzNszjQwo Lincoln Brewster-Salvation is Here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBAf_SKwPQ Chris Tomlin-Jesus Mesiah

3 comments:

  1. Praise god from whom all blessings flow!
    Was so very wonderful to read of the tremendous progress Quincey has made. Hard work is paying off. I am as always inspired by your perserverance.
    Can't wait to hear if you got your Elk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quincey & Family...I can't remember my password to post this comment. This is Lisa Martin.

    Quincey...it was so good to see you at the volleyball game on Saturday. I wish you hadn't been quite so busy going all around...but it was great to see you smiling ear to ear!

    A friend of mine has some words for you:

    "For Quincy

    My life was sports. My dream was college on a sports scholarship. Then in 9th grade I fell off my bike and landed weird. I fractured 12 vertebra, crushed 3, and was paralyzed. People told me I was lucky. But, everyone assumed my paralysis was permanent, and that my active life was over.

    I was lucky in that the blood clot squeezing my spinal cord dissipated. I was also lucky to have the chance to learn what was important to me. I learned I was much more than an athlete, and much tougher than the doctors thought. I think my positive attitude helped me recover, but has helped me so much more since that time.

    I can't tell you how many doctors and PTs have told me I will be back in a wheel chair by xx age. I have already passed 3 of those dates an am still fully upright. I was told I could never carry a child. Mine is 4 now, natural child birth, and we wrestle all the time. I think playing with him makes me stronger than I have ever been.

    I can only imagine what you are going through. For me, noticing the little things and feeling their blessings really helped me. Also, FYI Lisa came to see me almost every day for the 6 weeks I was in the hospital. Good luck on your journey.

    Christina"

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi bro ,
    take your time and a little bit.
    Now I introduce a website : http://9wallpapers.blogspot.com/ . This
    is a website where have a lot of beautiful wallpapers .Especially ,
    all free !!!!

    ReplyDelete